The Holiday Survival Guide: Drink Edition
Dear Holiday Partiers,
The holiday’s carry their own list of dangers. Aunt’s who love to pinch your cheeks, annoying cousins and your uncle who won’t let you forget the time you accidentally wore your sister’s shirt. (Not that I hold it against him.)
For the rest of you, the holiday’s are fun…just don’t make the one mistake that will surely turn any holiday gathering into mass pandemonium! That would be…forgetting the beer, wine and spirits!!!
Now, I’m a professional and I never make this mistake. Before any holiday party I think of a few signature drinks that I know my guests will enjoy…and that keep them occupied.
Eggnog with Brandy (serves 1)
1. Pour ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into glass. Enjoy!
Peppermint Irish Cream (serves 1)
- Ingredients: 2 ounces Irish cream with a hint of mint chocolate, 4 ounces hot chocolate, fresh whipped cream, candy cane, mint leaf
1. Crush candy cane with the back of a spoon.
2. Pour hot chocolate and Irish cream into a coffee mug.
3. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
4. Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top.
5. Garnish with mint leaf.
Christmastini (serves 1)
- Ingredients: 1 crushed candy cane, 1 ounce vanilla vodka, 2 shots white Crème de Cacao, 2 tablespoons raspberry liquor.
1. Place crushed candy cane on a plate and wet the outside rim of glass. Hold the stem of the glass and rotate through the candy cane.
2. Pour ingredients into a separate glass and stir with candy cane.
3. Transfer ingredients to candy cane garnished martini glass!
Hot Rum Cider (serves 15)
1. Mix 1.75 liters of spiced rum with 3 gallons of cider. Make adjustments on levels of rum and cider.
2. Heat the mixture in a large pot on the stove. Raise the heat to warm the cider, but do not allow it to boil.
Let’s be honest, I may have gone a little “overboard” with the pandemonium analogy. But…smooth drinks will surely set your party off right.
The holidays are actually my favorite time of year, which is why my “survival guide” looks more like a “recipe guide.” Guilty as charged I guess.
Remember, at Dirt Cheap, we have everything you’ll need for your holiday party – from the beer and wine, to party snacks, all the way down to plates and napkins!
Have a great a holiday!
PS: Don’t forget about New Year’s Eve!!! We have champagne to fit every budget, from $4.69 to $199.99! That includes brands like Andre, Korbel, Martini & Rossi, and Dom Perignon! Also don’t forget Party Poppers for $.99.